From: Hou Van Boere <houvanboere@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Please Share Ada -Freedos - Dos experiences
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 14:54:28 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Thanks Joakim! this is super helpful.
I downloaded the compiler cd.
I have tried this:
https://github.com/andrewwutw/build-djgpp

It looks helpful to build dlgpp but it does not work well enough on Trisquel Linux. I find that building  GCC on current or old Slackware versions seems to work well and I am going to re-try this project. I know I will have to re-run with --enable-languages=c,ada later but at least it should set up most of what is needed.

Your Freedos environment tips will help a lot.

I just bought my son a new computer and I am kind of depressed after. The store was huge but completely geared towards gaming. It seems like today's computers are not well suited for hardware interfacing and hacking with electronics. There was way more expansion in the past and I hate having to configure for legacy bios. I think this will be dropped soon too and then we will be stuck