From: Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>
Subject: Re: elaboration circularity detected problem, How to fix?
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:11:10 +0200
Date: 2004-09-20T19:11:10+02:00	[thread overview]

* Martin Dowie:

> Scott Travak wrote:
>> Hi everyone, I was hoping to obtain some assistance with a program I
>> am constructing. Essentially my program is made up as follows:
>>
>> 1) Two packages (one of which is a generic package).
>> 2) Each package essentially contains a task
>> 3) Each task contains a reference to (operates on) the other task
>>
>> I am encountering a "elaboration circularity detected" error (see
>> below).
>
> try building using the " -gnatE " option.

Dynamic elaboration checks are never the best solution.  If the
elaboration order can't be determined at compile-time, there is some
significant design problem in the code.

Scott, you should try to determine what's causing the circularity and
try to work around it (for example, by putting initialization code
into a different package).