From: CONDIC@PSAVAX.PWFL.COM
Subject: Re: Magnavox consultant trashes Ada tools in IEEE Computer
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 1994 16:48:20 EDT
Date: 1994-10-27T16:48:20-04:00	[thread overview]

From: Marin David Condic, 407.796.8997, M/S 731-93
Original_To:  PROFS%"SMTP@PWAGPDB"
Original_cc:  CONDIC

EL>On Tue, 25 Oct 1994 14:53:00 GMT,
EL>Esther Lumsdon <esther@CYBERNETICS.NET> writes:
EL>
EL>I emailed the contact information for IEEE Computer to the poster
EL>who requested it, but it bounced.

The pathway out of my computer is not the same as the pathway
into it. Hence writing to me at the address I send from doesn't
work. I post my receive address in my trailer. Besides - I meant
for this info to go public so that those wishing to comment on
the piece in question could do so in a way which would be
*productive* (Getting this down, guys???)

EL>IEEE Computer, Oct. 94 issue
EL>Computing Practices editor:  Paul Oman, Univ. of Idaho
EL>oman@cs.uidaho.edu  208-885-7219
EL>Mr. Oman's introduction to his section appears on pg. 49.  The article
EL>in question appears on pgs. 58-64.  The short bio (and email address)
EL>for the author, Mr. Skazinski appears on pg. 64.

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen! An e-address for the
editor of IEEE Computer. Why not dust off all your gripes, clean
them up a little and send them out to him so that maybe some of
the more eloquent ones end up in the "letters" section and some
of the bad press for Ada can be mitigated?

It certainly won't take you any more time to do this than it did
to post the criticsms here where you're preaching to the choir.

EL>-- Esther Lumsdon, speaking only for myself     esther@cybernetics.net
EL>   Seeking C/C++/Ada/Unix programming job in Raleigh/RTP, NC area
EL>   Finally living where the sky is Carolina blue!

I have to agree That part of the country is some of the most
beautiful in the world. Never seen downtown Raleigh except from
I-95, but I've been to Chapel Hill and - if I couldn't live here in
Sunny Florida - I'd take NC as a very, very close second place.
Say "hi" to Andy and Opey for me.

Pax Vobiscum,
Marin

Marin David Condic, Senior Computer Engineer    ATT:        407.796.8997
M/S 731-93                                      Technet:    796.8997
Pratt & Whitney, GESP                           Internet:   CONDICMA@PWFL.COM
P.O. Box 109600                                 Internet:   MDCONDIC@AOL.COM
West Palm Beach, FL 33410-9600
    "A well-informed electorate being necessary to the security of a
    free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall
    not be infringed."

        --  Anonymous commentary on the Second Amendment.