* Win32 binding - stdarg
@ 2005-01-18 12:17 Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2005-01-18 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to use a much reduced subset of the Win32 api and I'm like to
  use some of the 'stdarg' package, including the "vararg" handling.

Does anyone know where the routines "do_vararg" (procedure and function)
are in object format? Or source would be even better!

Cheers

-- Martin

* Re: Win32 binding - stdarg
@ 2005-01-18 14:08 ` Nicolas
From: Nicolas @ 2005-01-18 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

If you try to use gcc 3.4.x,  you can use libwin32ada.a from
gnatwin-3.15p.exe
copy this file to C:\Mingw\lib directory

With this file, and standard object files from Windows, you should compile
and link all win32.xx sources from gnatwin

Note this doesn't work with Gnat 3.15p which is poorly compatible with
Microsoft object files.

"Martin Dowie" <martin.dowie@btopenworld.com> a �crit dans le message de
news: csiup8$38e$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
> I'm trying to use a much reduced subset of the Win32 api and I'm like to
> use some of the 'stdarg' package, including the "vararg" handling.
>
> Does anyone know where the routines "do_vararg" (procedure and function)
> are in object format? Or source would be even better!
>
> Cheers
>
> -- Martin

* Re: Win32 binding - stdarg
@ 2005-01-18 16:07   ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2005-01-18 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nicolas wrote:
> If you try to use gcc 3.4.x,  you can use libwin32ada.a from
> gnatwin-3.15p.exe
> copy this file to C:\Mingw\lib directory
>
> With this file, and standard object files from Windows, you should compile
> and link all win32.xx sources from gnatwin
>
> Note this doesn't work with Gnat 3.15p which is poorly compatible with
> Microsoft object files.

I should have said but this is _definitely_ not using GNAT/gcc... ;-)

Hmmm, ok, win32ada.lib in the path - rename a couple of other .lib files
that gave 'duplicate' names and bingo! A linking and running program!

I had thought that making that visible would have caused more problems
that it would solve (i.e. /every/ name being duplicated - I have an
updated version of the Win32.* hierarchy which is largely
'preelaborate'-ed) but so far so good...

Cheers

-- Martin