From: Optikos <optikos@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: work-in-progress Augusta Ada compiler for LLVM written in Scala
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 04:35:01 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2019-06-20T04:35:01-07:00	[thread overview]

On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 5:20:36 AM UTC-5, Lucretia wrote:
> On Thursday, 20 June 2019 04:25:22 UTC+1, Optikos  wrote:
> > Why doesn't this work-in-progress unfinished Ada compiler come up in conversation here on c.l.a more often?  It seems to be in a state of active development with commits in recent months.
> >
> > https://github.com/pchapin/augusta
>
> When I last looked at it, a few months back, there wasn't much going on except clean ups of comments.

Some noncommentary development resumed 4 months ago after the importation of the source code into the SBT build environment.  Since then, check-in comments such as “Some work on the LLVM code generator. Also fixed a few easy warnings.” and “Fixed the structure of the liveness analysis method.” indicate incrementally more serious activity in recent months.

I cannot find a license stated anywhere regarding Augusta (although I have only done spot-checking here & there).  Under which license is Augusta distributed?  With Augusta intended to be the OpenWatcom Ada Compiler (WAC) as stated in the webpage linked below, I would assume that the OpenWatcom license would be utilized for Augusta, although the LLVM-backend activity in recent months instead of the expected OpenWatcom-backend activity might indicate a change away from this intent to be the WAC.
https://github.com/pchapin/augusta/tree/master/wac