* GDB problem
@ 2021-03-16  9:27 ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2021-03-16  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a problem with GDB.
It looks like it crashes but when waiting for a long time it comes back
with 4103 messages from a breakpoint at line 334 in the Debugger
console. All these breakpoints are mentioned in in thebrakpoint window
end are enabled in the enb column, "break" in the type column and
Diabled in the Disp column. In the Debugger console the all mention
"4101    breakpoint     del  y   0x00000000004a070d in
datum_main_cb.on_change_calendar at
D:\ada\project\Datum\Datum_Main_CB.adb:334" where only the first number
is different.
The line is "334      Set_Active(ChangeCal_Dialog.Str_Combo,
Gint(Cal_ID));" and shows breakpoint symbol I nver have put there.
My question is how did these breakpoints came there

* Re: GDB problem
@ 2021-03-16  9:48 ` ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2021-03-16  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Op 16-3-2021 om 10:27 schreef ldries46:
> I have a problem with GDB.
> It looks like it crashes but when waiting for a long time it comes
> back with 4103 messages from a breakpoint at line 334 in the Debugger
> console. All these breakpoints are mentioned in in thebrakpoint window
> end are enabled in the enb column, "break" in the type column and
> Diabled in the Disp column. In the Debugger console the all mention
> "4101    breakpoint     del  y   0x00000000004a070d in
> datum_main_cb.on_change_calendar at
> D:\ada\project\Datum\Datum_Main_CB.adb:334" where only the first
> number is different.
> The line is "334      Set_Active(ChangeCal_Dialog.Str_Combo,
> Gint(Cal_ID));" and shows breakpoint symbol I nver have put there.
> My question is how did these breakpoints came there

I deleted one ofthese breakpoints then terminated the debugger and
restarted GNATSTUDIO, The deleted breakpoint was back.
As deleting a breakpoint in this case costs several minutes and cannot
be speeded up by deleting all in one time how do I get rid of all these
breakpoints for good.

* Re: GDB problem
@ 2021-03-16 12:01   ` Egil H H
From: Egil H H @ 2021-03-16 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 10:49:14 AM UTC+1, ldries46 wrote:
> As deleting a breakpoint in this case costs several minutes and cannot
> be speeded up by deleting all in one time how do I get rid of all these
> breakpoints for good.

menu option: Debug -> Data -> Breakpoints
Then click on the "Delete all existing breakpoints" button

* Re: GDB problem
@ 2021-03-17  7:46     ` ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2021-03-17  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Op 16-3-2021 om 13:01 schreef Egil H H:
> On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 10:49:14 AM UTC+1, ldries46 wrote:
>> As deleting a breakpoint in this case costs several minutes and cannot
>> be speeded up by deleting all in one time how do I get rid of all these
>> breakpoints for good.
> menu option: Debug -> Data -> Breakpoints
> Then click on the "Delete all existing breakpoints" button
This worked. But the question stays how is it possible that such a big
number of breakpoints appeared.

* Re: GDB problem
@ 2021-03-18  1:40       ` Matt Borchers
From: Matt Borchers @ 2021-03-18  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have never had thousands of breakpoints or even hundreds, but I have occasionally seen many multiples.  I have often seen breakpoints that I've removed return when I start a new debug session.  I think the breakpoint system in gdb or in the gnatstudio interface to gdb has some "issues" but I have not found a repeatable pattern.

Regards,
Matt