From: L Dries <bertus.dries@planet.nl>
To: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: GtkAda Scrollbars
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 11:09:07 +0100
Date: 2019-12-30T11:09:07+01:00	[thread overview]

Op 25-12-2019 om 17:49 schreef Dmitry A. Kazakov:
> On 2019-12-24 08:36, L Dries wrote:
>
>> I am trying to create a program using a "drawingarea". In some cases
>> the drawing is to large for the window so I want to use scrollbars but
>> I can get these correct.
>
> Gtk_Drawing_Area must process the event "draw" in order to redraw itself
> according to the allocation area and the current cairo context. Moving
> sliders of the scrolled window would ultimately send "draw" down to its
> drawing area child.
>
> For an example of using Gtk_Drawing_Area for drawing various shapes see
> AICWL:
>
>     http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/aicwl.htm
>
> The base type for all instruments is Gtk_Layered_Record derived from
> Gtk_Drawing_Area_Record.
>
> Merry Christmas!

I cannot find any reference in this answer to the problem I have because
for instance the scrollbars cannot move if even shown.
In the meantime I found on Internet references which suggest that the
drawing area is in principle not a scrollable item so it should be
inside a viewport. I have done so but my problem doesnot disappear. It
looks to me now that the viewport or the drawingarea must have a size
indication, so how to set initiate or even during runtime alter the size
so that I get a scrollable drawing

--
L. Dries