From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: GtkAda Scrollbars
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2019 17:49:14 +0100
Date: 2019-12-25T17:49:14+01:00	[thread overview]

On 2019-12-24 08:36, L Dries wrote:

> I am trying to create a program using a "drawingarea". In some cases the
> drawing is to large for the window so I want to use scrollbars but I can
> get these correct.

Gtk_Drawing_Area must process the event "draw" in order to redraw itself
according to the allocation area and the current cairo context. Moving
sliders of the scrolled window would ultimately send "draw" down to its
drawing area child.

For an example of using Gtk_Drawing_Area for drawing various shapes see
AICWL:

    http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/aicwl.htm

The base type for all instruments is Gtk_Layered_Record derived from
Gtk_Drawing_Area_Record.

Merry Christmas!