From: Rob Solomon <usenet@drrob1-noreply.com>
Subject: Re: Window Management
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:14:47 -0400
Date: 2009-07-14T20:14:47-04:00	[thread overview]

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 16:25:48 -0700 (PDT), Ludovic Brenta
<ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> wrote:

>Rob Solomon wrote on comp.lang.ada:
>> I have a lot of experience w/ Modula-2 and would like to know how to
>> find comparable packages and subprograms to these Modules. �Idealy, I
>> would like the same code to work under WinXP and Ubuntu 9.04
>[...]
>
>I think the closest equivalent to your specification is TextTools
>[1,2].  It is a library working on top of curses and supports both of
>the systems you mention. However, as the name implies, it only deals
>with text-mode interfaces (with mouse).  If you need a graphical
>interface, you will have to write a library on top of either GtkAda
>[3,4] or QtAda[5].  HTH
>
>[1] http://www.pegasoft.ca/tt.html
>[2] http://packages.qa.debian.org/libt/libtexttools.html
>[3] http://libre.adacore.com/GtkAda/
>[4] http://packages.qa.debian.org/libg/libgtkada2.html
>[5] http://www.qtada.com/en/index.html

I am trying texttools from pegasoft but it won't compile.  I unpacked
it to ~/Download/texttools-2.0.5/
I looked at  C_code.c and didn't see what to change.  I think I have
ncurses5

I am using a virtual linuxmint 5 running under vmware workstation to
test this.

make gives me a lot of errors from curses.c: In function CKeyPress and
I'm getting a lot of undefined types.
chtype
stdscr
too many to list.