From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 17:42:25 -0500
Date: 2014-07-21T17:42:25-05:00	[thread overview]

"Tero Koskinen" <tero.koskinen@iki.fi> wrote in message
news:lqbcon$9nd$1@loke.gir.dk...
> 18.7.2014 1:52, Adam Beneschan wrote:

>>> Not that I know of.  I received copies of both of your proposals, and
>>> I've received messages on the list as late as 7 hours ago.
>>>
>>> I think you should see the slow responses as an indication that (it is
>>> summer and) the proposals are sufficiently well written to warrant
>>> consideration at an ARG meeting.
>>
>> I don't think you understood.  The slow responses he's talking about are
>> automated responses that the list server is supposed to be providing.
>>
>> After Simon posted his question, I sent a "help Ada-Comment" message to
>> the listserv; that was 90 minutes ago and I haven't gotten a response
>> yet.
>>
>> So it's possible that there's a problem.
>
> I think this is just a feature of the mailing lists run by RR Software.
>
> For me automated replies have taken over 24 hours sometimes.
>
> I susped that all messages go through the moderation queue, so
> the mailing list admin need to accept also the ones meant
> for these "automatic services".

The usual problem is that the automatic service messages are so short that
they trigger the anti-spam filter's "excessively short message" filter. Thus
I have to forward them, which doesn't happen when I'm in the woods of
Minnesota. (I've never gotten remote moderation to work, as both Hotmail and
GMail discard the moderation messages without ever delivering them.
Presumably they look like spam to those systems.)

You can work around that particular problem by adding some additional text
to your message. For instance, I think that a message like:

help Ada-comment
stop
Ada is great! Ada is grand! Randy's spam filter is too aggressive unless I
append this junk!

would get through. (The "stop" tells the engine to not read the rest of the
message.)

Hopefully, no spammers are reading this. ;-)

                                  Randy.

P.S. I haven't emptied the spam quarentine yet -- probably all of your
messages are in there.