From: MatthiasR <MatthiasR@invalid.invalid>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 09:13:02 +0200
Date: 2014-08-15T09:13:02+02:00	[thread overview]

Randy Brukardt wrote:

> The few times I've tried to retrieve mail with the search functions, I
> couldn't consistently get good results. So I don't use them. I just looked
> in the PDF instructions for the list server, and the commands you sent
> appear correct. So I don't know what to say.
>
> Since Simon gave you the dates, you could get grab the digests for each
> day starting with the first one:
>    get-digest ada-comment 2014-07-14
>
> You can put several of these into one request once you get the hang of it.

Thanks. I finally managed to retrieve the mails I'm interested in:

- get-archive ada-comment date {date} didn't work (same thing as search ada-
comment)

- multiple get-digest requests in one mail didn't work (I got no response)

- get-digest ada comment {date} worked (most of the time - I had to send the
query twice for some of the dates...)

So I requested (and got) the digests for the period from 2014-07-13 to the
date when I joined the list one after another.

The user interface for the list archive is a somewhat archaic...
Usually, I prefer to browse the archives to get a general idea of the
discussions there before I join a list.
That's virtually impossible in the case of Ada-comment.

But anyway - I got the informations I was looking for :-)

Matthias