* how to be informed where to put spaces
@ 2019-11-09 19:08 Alain De Vos
From: Alain De Vos @ 2019-11-09 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can I give an option into a gpr file,
or on the gnatmake commandline  ,
or on ada gnatlink gnatbind,
in order to be informed where to put spaces on the correct place in my .adb file.
Something like lint , or beautifier.

For instance,
-- hallo
----------------> put two spaces between -- and hallo

* Re: how to be informed where to put spaces
@ 2019-11-09 19:25 ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2019-11-09 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

If you type gnatmake without parameters, you get a long list of options, among them:

-gnatyxx  Enable selected style checks xx = list of parameters:

among those:
        c    check comment format (two spaces)
        C    check comment format (one space)

* Re: how to be informed where to put spaces
@ 2019-11-09 19:35   ` Alain De Vos
From: Alain De Vos @ 2019-11-09 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, November 9, 2019 at 8:25:40 PM UTC+1, gautier...@hotmail.com wrote:
> If you type gnatmake without parameters, you get a long list of options, among them:
>
> -gnatyxx  Enable selected style checks xx = list of parameters:
>
> among those:
>         c    check comment format (two spaces)
>         C    check comment format (one space)
Indeed,
-gnateu   Ignore unrecognized style/validity/warning switches
-gnateY   Ignore all Style_Checks pragmas in source
-gnaty    Enable default style checks (same as -gnaty3abcefhiklmnprst)
-gnatyxx  Enable selected style checks xx = list of parameters:
        g    check standard GNAT style rules, same as ydISux
        y    turn on default style checks
-gnatyN   Cancel all previously set style checks

* Re: how to be informed where to put spaces
@ 2019-11-09 19:54   ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2019-11-09 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com writes:

> If you type gnatmake without parameters, you get a long list of
> options, among them:
>
> -gnatyxx  Enable selected style checks xx = list of parameters:
>
> among those:
>         c    check comment format (two spaces)
>         C    check comment format (one space)

I've always gone with just -gnaty -- quite adequate. Occasionally you'll
see projects with an enormous list of parameters, I have a feeling that
at some point GPS used to create these massive lists, or maybe it's just
that there's no option in GPS to just use the standard settings.

If you're the sort of person who likes long lines, -gnatM120, for
example, won't complain until yu hit 120 columns, rather than the
default 79.