From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Last chance handler on a PC
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 10:25:22 +0100
Date: 2020-01-30T10:25:22+01:00	[thread overview]

On 2020-01-30 09:55, ahlan@marriott.org wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to install a last chance handler for a PC program.
> Ie Write a procedure that gets called when a program issues an unhandled exception
> If it is possible how do you do it?

The answer depends on what you understand under "unhandled exception"
and what you want to do in such a state.

In practice such things have little use. Side effects of unanticipated
[language and then system] exception propagation tend to ruin any
relevant information and data so that at the point when the handler is
called everything is in a total mess.

The best way I know is tracing exceptions. With GNAT you can quite
easily hook up exception raising points when some useful information is
still there.