From: "Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.not.acm.org>
Subject: Re: Last chance handler on a PC
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 08:00:05 +0100
Date: 2020-01-31T08:00:05+01:00	[thread overview]

On 1/31/20 6:53 AM, J-P. Rosen wrote:
> Le 30/01/2020 à 20:27, ahlan@marriott.org a écrit :
>> Very interesting but we want to catch all unhandled exceptions, specifically those raised during package elaboration.
>>
> Ah, OK now I see the problem. You'll need to have an exception handler
> in every package body, but be careful about elaboration order!

This only handles exceptions in the executable part of the pkg. To handle
exceptions in the declarative part of pkgs, you need to have set a termination
handler for the environment task.

"[I]t is easy to use [Ada] just like any other
language: using only predefined types, using
packages just for separate compilation (without
any consideration for information hiding),
ignoring generics altogether, etc. I have seen
projects doing this; they didn't get much
gain from using Ada, and spent a lot of time
fighting the compiler."
Jean-Pierre Rosen