From: "Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.not.acm.org>
Subject: Re: Last chance handler on a PC
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 21:51:09 +0100
Date: 2020-01-30T21:51:09+01:00	[thread overview]

On 1/30/20 9:26 PM, Niklas Holsti wrote:

> Looks good, but to catch all elaboration-time exceptions (in other packages) the
> package that executes that call, in its own elaboration code, must be elaborated
> before all other packages. Do you have some easy way to ensure that, without
> inserting elaboration pragmas in all other packages?

Of course that call has to be done before anything that might raise an exception
during elaboration. Usually you'd put it in its own pkg, and then every other
library-level unit in the system would with it with a pragma Elaborate_Body for
it. If everything is part of a hierarchy, then only the spec of the root package
of the hierarchy should need to do that.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of
thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
Blazing Saddles