From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org>
Subject: Re: Where to find Ada GTK example programs to try?
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 15:02:35 -0500
Date: 2020-05-08T15:02:35-05:00	[thread overview]

On 5/8/2020 1:19 AM, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
> On 2020-05-08 00:21, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
>
>> Any one knows of an actual Ada GUI applications, ready to run,
>> that I can download, install, and run just to see how they
>> look and feel?
>
> This application is called GPS!
>
> GTK uses native look and feel, it should look the way a normal Windows,
> X11 GUI application looks.

Yes, I forgot about GPS. I remember reading it used GTK.

But I also remember reading the other day that you said about GPS using
using Python somehow, right?

I have GPS. It is nice. But GTK Ada has been around for long time.

Someone must have written some animations or simulation or game
GUI using Ada-GTK,

That is what I meant. May be you did yourself also, since I know
you are an expert in Ada GTK also.

For example, can one use Ada GTK to make GUI apps like these?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/collections/game.fc1

I am sure all the above were written in C++ or C#, since
they are from MS store. There are sites like the above
with thousands of apps. I will be nice to have
such examples for ones done using only Ada-GTK.

May be the folks who use Ada all the time prefer to do
serious real-time embedded system program for air traffic
control systems and have no time for making silly GUI apps
in Ada :)

--Nasser