From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Installing GtkAda on Linux (Ubuntu)
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 10:47:40 +0200
Date: 2020-06-09T10:47:40+02:00	[thread overview]

On 09/06/2020 10:07, ldries46 wrote:
> I am trying to install Gtkada on Linux beside my installation on Windows
> 10.
> I thought the installation was correct but trying to load an on Windows
> running project the GNAT Prgramming Studio could not find gtkada.gpr
> despite of the fact that The PATH variable included the directory where
> the project file is located. Also ADA_INCLUDE_PATH and ADA_OBJECTS_PATH
> point to that directory the file and the directories have protection
> which allow the file to be used. What do I have forgotten?

You forgot:

1. Read and memorize Debian policy for Ada

    https://people.debian.org/~lbrenta/debian-ada-policy.html

Either

2. Install libgtkada19-dev, if I correctly name the package as it is
kind of ever changing thing in Debian/Ubuntu.

or

2. Download the latest GtkAda sources

3. Compile and build GtkAda from the sources

4. Install the built GtkAda exactly as #1 requires