From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Installing GtkAda on Linux (Ubuntu)
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 13:54:23 +0200
Date: 2020-06-09T13:54:23+02:00	[thread overview]

On 09/06/2020 12:50, ldries46 wrote:

> I already had Gtkada installed but only something simple as "with
> gtkada;" in the .gpr file does not work. IIn the mean time I have tried
> also to put the specific directory in the environment variables
> ADA_PROJECT_PATH and GPR_PROJECT_PATH yjat also didn't work. The latest
> version which is used in the link is from 2014
> Your link  did not have any link to the mentioned "with" in the .gpr file

You do not need any environment variables. Provided you use the FSF
compiler. That is the idea of having language policies. Everything works
out of the box.

> I already used the latest version of the Adacompiler and Gtkada (both
> 2020 version from Adacore for as well GNAT community as Gtkada)

OK, this is a completely different scenario. Do you use AdaCore's
compiler instead of the FSF compiler? [Why?] You will have
ADA_PROJECT_PATH, LIBRARY_PATH correctly set. I wonder if AdaCore
installer sets them already and you must move them into your .bashrc or
whatever. To check yourself use -I switches with grpbuild. You can
always add paths explicitly from the command line.

Look if GtkAda's bin directory has gtkada-config executable. It returns
switches for compiling/building GtkAda applications. Add them to the
gprbuild's command line.