From: "Luke A. Guest" <laguest@archeia.com>
Subject: Re: Which GUI framework ?
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 14:03:36 +0000	[thread overview]

On 31/10/2020 11:14, DrPi wrote:
> Le 30/10/2020 à 10:52, Luke A. Guest a écrit :
>>>
>>> Any other binding to wxWidgets that I'm not aware of ?
>>
>> No, both efforts were abandoned as it was too much work. I have a
>> start to a generator, but like I said, it's not happening right now.
>>
>> Luke.
>
> Binding to C++ libraries is a problem.

Yup, see my example of how to do it here:
https://github.com/Lucretia/test_binding

> In python world, there are many ways to achieve this.
> If I remember well, the author of wxPython has written its own binding
> system for version 3. Before version 3, he used a "standard" one but
> with many manual patches.

I spoke with Robin many times about how to do this. My generator does
what his does in getting the interfaces read in.

> PySide (Python binding for Qt) authors also have written their own
> binding system after using one that was not fulfilling their needs.
>
> It's a pity since I like wxWidgets way of working.

Yeah, same here.

I'm considering setting up gh sponsors, but if I cannot get enough there
to keep me afloat, it's a non-starter. Maybe If I can get a contract
elsewhere first?