From: "stephane richard" <stephane.richard@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: AdaWorld and AdaPower
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 00:41:01 GMT
Date: 2004-11-06T00:41:01+00:00	[thread overview]

"Tom" <8f27iw6z@canada.com> wrote in message

> May I make a suggestion instead of just product announcements is there
> any way to add reviews to the products. I thinking something like a
> article that compares and contrasts the new product with existing
> products.  What would be also be helpful is if there were a way for
> current users to add their opinions to the end of the article.  I am
> probably dreaming in technocolor but could the articles also include
> the prices of the products.

*** That's a very interesting suggestion Tom.  I can definitally see it
happening too. As far as the prices, well I wouldn't mind showing them, but
as long as visitors recognize that the prices shown are valid for that time
/ date the article was written :-).  not sure I'd wanna run back throught
the articles to update prices :-).

> Along the same line is there a way to get an article written that
> discusses all the major products in an product field. What I am
> thinking is an article that compares the major strengths and
> weaknesses for example of the ten most used Ada IDEs( including their
> compilers). Something like what CNET does when it compares groups of
> products. User feedback would also be useful here.

*** you mean comparison charts?  Columnized data for quick comparison of
features/capacities?  That will require research, but I know I'd like that
(even if it's not what you meant :-) but yeah I see your point of view.  as
in:  "Hey I need something that does this or that, which one offers
more/less/fastest etc etc." in a quickly readable format.

> If you did both the reviews of all the products and major evalution it
> would very helpful in showing the new comers how the products are
> actually evaluated.  Another benefit would be to make it easier to
> find the lesser known but great products; because, they have a great
> possibility of being mentioned by users who are giving their opinions
> about the reviewed products.

*** I aim more than the newcomer.  I want to go get the non newcomer too if
it can be said that way :-).  I want anyone that happens to come visit Ada
World to say hey, what's this all about?  and actually be able to answer
that question.  I think these two would definitaly help in answering these
questions and although they would represent research, it's a small
investment to make to mark up the quality of what they can find on Ada
World, and I'm ready to comit myself to it.

> Here I have a suggestion also how about articles by developers in the
> field.  For instance, I would find it very interesting to see what
> programmers in the scientific and engineering arenas have to say about
> products needed or desired for doing numerical programming. Why were
> the particular IDEs and other programs used or desired. For also, I
> would like to see the opinions of the readers of the articles
> included.

*** This is not that hard to accomplish, today's most popular CMS systems
already are setup with Articles and comments/reviews already in place.I do
like the industry specific point of view approach idea.  It's definitaly
noted in big characters (bold, italic and underlined ;-) on my "to consider"
list. If I have anything to say about it, it should be there...Wait a
minute, it's my website.  I do have something to say about it ;-) I hope
hehe...but yeah seriously, I like the industry specific areas like that.
Definitaly.

Those are excellent suggestions and as I write this reply I can tell you
that they are already thrown on the discussion table :-).  Thank you and
feel free to suggest more.  That goes for everyone reading this too ;-).

Stephane Richard
"Ada World" webmaster
http://www.adaworld.com