From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Archives for C.L.A
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:30:05 -0600
Date: 2005-01-24T13:30:05-06:00	[thread overview]

"Andrew Carroll" <andrew@carroll-tech.net> wrote in message
news:mailman.85.1106544340.527.comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org...
> Okay, wait, I have another question.  This will probably sound pretty
> stupid but am I supposed to use the Ada Issues to learn the new features
> of Ada200Y?  I also hear that I could use -gnatX flag to try out the
> features.  Is that true?  If so, which compiler and compiler version do
> I need?

No, there are a variety of ways to learn about Ada 200Y (or Ada 2005 or
whatever):

1) Attend a presentation at SIGAda or Ada Europe. Someone has done one at
every conference for the last couple of years.
2) Read the proceedings to the above conferences. (Someone posted a link to
the most recent Ada Europe one).
3) Read the overview articles that John Barnes is writing for the Ada User
Journal. These eventually will be combined to create a Rationale document
for Ada 2005.
4) Read the draft RM and AARM for Ada 2005; insertions are obviously new
features. In addition, like the Ada 95 AARM, there are AARM annotations
labeled "Incompatibilities with Ada 95", "Extensions to Ada 95", "Wording
Differences from Ada 95", etc.  (Note: The current draft only goes through
section 12, so it hasn't been announced to the public. But it is on-line at
the AdaIC in an obvious (but not linked) place. :-) [The next draft should
be fully available to the public, presuming that it includes the entire
standard.]
5) Read the Ada Issues about specific features.

There's probably more ways that I have forgotten about.

                   Randy Brukardt
                   ARG Editor

(Now back to creating the new AARM...)