From: charlet@adacore.com
Subject: Re: yes another gnat bug (inherited tagged type as record field is too much for gnat??)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 05:44:56 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2019-12-09T05:44:56-08:00	[thread overview]

> > That wouldn't be a fair comparison, nor a useful one.
>
> Quit putting words in my mouth.  I never said that all AdaCore customers have this fix delivered to them today.  I effectively said that
> 1) we know for a (purported reported) fact that the fix hit AdaCore's internal codebase today;
> 2) we can eventually observe the date at which this defect's fix hits FSF GNAT to see when OP's original symptoms are no longer exhibited by FSF GNAT.

We regularly merge changes in our GNAT repository to the FSF GCC repository
(almost every week, as witnessed by the gcc/gcc/ada/ChangeLog file), but also have to obey GCC's release schedule and in particular currently GCC is in stage 3, which means basically only regressions are fixed, so our changes are currently on hold and will resume whenever GCC is back to stage 1. See https://gcc.gnu.org/develop.html#timeline for more details on GCC's release timeline.

> 3) we can then accurately calculate the time that it empirically can take for a fix to defect to actually get released to the wild in FSF GNAT.

You also need to take into account GCC's release constraints, see above.

Arno