From: Phil <philwebb@nospam.radiolink.net>
Subject: Re: best ada integrated development environment
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:45:03 +0100
Date: 2004-09-24T14:45:03+01:00	[thread overview]

>The hole 3.3.x series of GCC/GNAT combo is buggy. Either use GNAT a based on
>GCC 2.8.x or one based in GCC 3.4.x. If you have Linux you should consider
>compiling you own compiler.

i was wondering about this....

I have windows98 on my machine(dual boot) with AdaGIDE and gnat 3.15.
if i work out how to compile files in subdirectories this should be
enough to get started. some of the work i did years ago in Turbo
pascal, so i can start coding and unit test this simple stuff at the
bottom that i already have clearly in my head.....
>> This is a hobby and hence i have
>> no budget. this kdevelop
>
>The best for Ada is GPS. Actually GPS is also good for small C and C++
>projects where all that automake stuff is not needed.
>
>You can either download GPS 1.4 or compile a 2.x version yourself.

OK, l'll go for the gnat 3.4.2 and GPS 2.x as i can......then swap
over when i work it out.

GPS 1.4 was a bit messy with setting up project.....maybe try and sort
this out....

thanks,
Phil