From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@acm.org>
To: comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org
Subject: Re: best ada integrated development environment
Date: 22 Sep 2004 19:23:19 -0400
Date: 2004-09-22T19:23:19-04:00	[thread overview]

Phil <philwebb@nospam.radiolink.net> writes:

> Hi, i have been out of the ada stuff for a while and are just about to
> embark on a project to simulate a blackjack card game using ada.

Welcome back!

> I spent a few days researching languages
> c/c++/pascal/python/java.....pro's and con's.....and chose ADA (yes
> i want the static type checking)

You've obviously come to the right newsgroup :).

> Is there a clearly best free integrated development environment?

Yes, of course. Emacs is the best.

> Is there a big difference between free and propriority IDE for the
> small'ish project of mine?

All the proprietary IDE's I've used suffer greatly on comparison to
Emacs.

Learning to use Emacs well takes time. But once you've learned it, you
never need learn another IDE; Emacs does all languages just as well as
Ada.

--
-- Stephe