* Archives for C.L.A
@ 2005-01-28  7:04 Andrew Carroll
From: Andrew Carroll @ 2005-01-28  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Comp. Lang. Ada

> ------------------------------
> From: Martin Krischik <martin@krischik.com>
> Subject: Re: Archives for C.L.A
[snip]
> > If
> > not, where can I download *the newest*?
>
> cvs://:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gcc/gcc

Hmmm, not looking good for a dialup user.  Ahh, maybe I should buy a
commercial copy.  Anyone know if there is a commercial compiler that has the
"experimental" Ada200Y features?

[snip]
> Well, I am looking for that one too. I did add some features
> to the wiki
> site:
>
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:Ada
>
> Prehaps we could start an Ada 2005 summary page there.
>
> Martin
> ------------------------------

I am willing to help with the wiki.  I don't know how much time I can spend
on it and I'm not an expert with Ada yet but I'll do what I can.  If 'we'
want the summary to include examples then, again, I'll probably need a
compiler to experiment with the new Ada200Y features.  At the moment I don't
really feel like taking 20 hours or so to download the code and do the make.
I don't think I have enough space left on this hard drive anyway (according
to your Programing:Ada instructions).

Also, if 'we' publish something to the wiki does it mean that I cannot use
the information I submitted for the wiki to publish a book on the new
features?  I mean if time is invested then why not publish a book?  That is
of course if I had permission from everyone else involved in coming up with
the new features.  Just a thought.

Andrew

[parent not found: <20050128080037.DE4BA4C4148@lovelace.ada-france.org>]
[parent not found: <000101c5020f$0e0d8820$0401a8c0@THINKPAD>]
* Archives for C.L.A
@ 2005-01-24 12:20 Andrew Carroll
From: Andrew Carroll @ 2005-01-24 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ada-France.

Humph.  Okay, I'll be a little more specific.

I downloaded gnat-3.15p-nt.exe in April of 2004.  Would that do?  If
not, where can I download *the newest*?

Also, since you didn't answer, is there a summary or reference guide for
the new features in Ada200Y?

Andrew

* Archives for C.L.A
@ 2005-01-24  5:43 Andrew Carroll
From: Andrew Carroll @ 2005-01-24  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ada-France.

Okay, wait, I have another question.  This will probably sound pretty
stupid but am I supposed to use the Ada Issues to learn the new features
of Ada200Y?  I also hear that I could use -gnatX flag to try out the
features.  Is that true?  If so, which compiler and compiler version do
I need?

Thankee

Andrew

* Archives for C.L.A
@ 2005-01-23  8:34 Andrew Carroll
From: Andrew Carroll @ 2005-01-23  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ada-France.

Where can I search C.L.A. archives for content?  In particular
information regarding Ada 2005.

Thanks

Andrew