From: Tama McGlinn <t.mcglinn@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: sdlada, löve, and programming for beginners
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 05:59:16 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

On Saturday, February 8, 2020 at 12:41:01 PM UTC+1, Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> I have a 14-year-old son whom I teach programming to.
> This framework makes it very easy to have immediate results... but
> Lua lacks strong typing and in particular range checking, and a debugger.

Perhaps you will find AdaBots[1] interesting. It happens also to be a 'binding' from Ada to lua, in the sense that it leverages the already existing lua interpreter built into ComputerCraft[2], and the world already provided by Minecraft. This makes it quite easy to think of interesting challenges without having to program that whole world; e.g. help I'm stuck at the bottom of a well, have the turtle build me a staircase back to the surface.

[1] https://github.com/TamaMcGlinn/AdaBots
[2] https://tweaked.cc/